Sunday, June 23, 2013

My talk at TEDxGeorgiaTech

I know I told you all a long time ago that I would post this video of me speaking TEDxGeorgiaTech this past November.  I just found out a few days ago that it has been edited and published.

I must forewarn you again:  I randomly received a phone call asking if I was interested in talking just a few days before the event.  I was very busy that week in the neonatal ICU and had to come up with and memorize about fifteen minutes worth of material in a very short time.  So please excuse any mistakes!

I must say, though, that because I had only a short amount of time to think of what to say, I spoke from the heart.  The experience was quite cathartic

Thank you for watching.


4 comments:

  1. Great speech, Hammad! I loved the ending. It is so difficult dealing with disabilities, and whenever I don't get the results I want, I question whether I'm pursuing the right goals in life. I've reevaluated my goals and dreams more times than I've failed, and I always come to the conclusion that any difficulties and failures are worth it - I hope I'm right. Thanks for inspiring me to keep going, you're the best :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Anonymous! Dealing with and accepting our disabilities is a difficult thing that all of us have to learn to do, in one way or another. In my case as well as yours, the difficulties and failures are worth it. Keep on keepin' on, friend. :)

      Delete
  2. Your speech was wonderful! mA
    As I've said before, your an inspiration Hammad :)

    ReplyDelete